Do you want to learn all about robotics? TechnologyTutor present workshops on robotics using the BOT120 PICAXE-20X2 Microbot robot.
The BOT120 is a PICAXE mini robot that can be programmed to do a number of things. It has two motors that can be programmed to run forward, backwards or one motor forward and the other backwards to turn. It can detect objects with the built-in switched in its bumper and it can be programmed to reverse and turn once it bumps into something. The Microbot can also follow a line with its line-following circuit or it can draw shapes on a piece of cardboard with a pen.
What will I learn in this workshop?
- Basic Electronics to understand all the electronic components used in the Microbot.
- Learn how to use the PICAXE programming software interface on a PC.
- Learn the basic programming instructions used to program the PICAXE Microbot.
- Learn how to write your own instructions and program for the PICAXE BOT120.
- Upload your program and instructions to the Microbot robot.
- Test your program practically on the BOT120 Microbot and observe how it performs.
What do I need for this workshop?
- A few PC’s will be available to write programs on, so there’s no need to bring your own. You are welcome to bring your own Laptop if you want to.
- A BOT120 Microbot is available in the workshop to test your program on.
- If you want to you can buy your own BOT120 Microbot and assemble it in the workshop. Assistance will be provided in assembling and testing it once assembled.
What does the Tutoring Workshop cost?
- $20 per person per session – 3:30 to 5:00 or
- $80 per person, daily Rate – 9:00 to 4:00