This USB to RS-232 Serial Cable is an affordable alternative to connect your PICAXE to your PC or Laptop. You just need to connect your PICAXE comms wires to a female RS-232 DB9 connector that can plug into the USB to Serial cables’s male DB9 connector and you are set. Ok you also need to install the drives for the cable.
You can even use a AXE026 – PICAXE Serial Download Cable with this USB to RS-232 Serial Cable if you need to connect the audio socket on a PICAXE board to your USB port. If you don’t want to do that you can build your own audio to female RS-232 connector.
Features & Specifications
- USB specification reversion 1.1&2.0 compliant
- Support RS232 serial interface DB9
- Support over 1Mbps transfer rate
- Support remote wake-up and power management
- USB BUS powered and fully speed communication.
- Support windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Windows 7, Mac OS 8.6 and above/OSX/Linux
- Suitable for PDA and Modem as well as other devices w/ serial port
- Cable Length: Approx. 85 cm
- CD with drivers included
- Tested with PICAXE Programming Editor
Price: $8.50 (NZD)